People frequently ask me what are my favorite books about plant-based nutrition and cooking. There are a lot of good resources out there! Listed are a few books that will help you establish a solid foundation on the science and application of a plant-based lifestyle. I have also included several recipe books that contain delicious and easy to make plant-strong meals . Happy reading and cooking! We continuously update our collection.
1. The China Study: The Most Comprehensive Study of Nutrition Ever Conducted and the Startling Implications for Diet, Weight Loss and Long-term Health by T. Colin Campbell, PhD
2. Whole: Rethinking the Science of Nutrition by T. Colin Campbell, PhD
3. Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease: The Revolutionary, Scientifically Proven, Nutrition-Based Cure by Caldweld B. Esselstyn Jr., MD
4. Dr. Neal Barnard's Program for Reversing Diabetes: The Scientifically Proven System for Reversing Diabetes without Drugs by Neal D. Barnard, MD
5. The Complete Idiot's Guide to Plant-Based Nutrition by Julieanna Hever
6. 21-Day Weight Loss Kickstart: Boost Metabolism, Lower Cholesterol, and Dramatically Improve Your Health by Neal D. Barnard, MD
7. The Engine 2 Diet: The Texas Firefighter's 28-Day Save-Your-Life Plan that Lowers Cholesterol and Burns Away the Pounds by Rip Esselstyn
8. by Rip Esselstyn
10. Breaking the Food Seduction: The Hidden Reasons Behind Food Cravings---And 7 Steps to End Them Naturally by Neal D. Barnard, MD
Evelisse Capó, PharmD
The Food Pharmacist
Evelisse Capó, Pharm.D.